Life : Captured


International Photographer
Kimberly Miner



Join me on facebook!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Impress Salon






Last week I had the privilege of taking photos for Impress Salon! I had a great time, and trust me by the time I left, I almost had a manicure, pedicure AND a facial scheduled! It is a very friendly salon, and I found myself asking what kind of hairspray would make my "growing out" bangs stay off my face, and taking a seat in the pedicure room with the pedicurist and her client. I almost asked if I could enjoy a cup of the coffee (I noticed some of the clients were endulging) to sip on while I was chatting it up with the two of them, but I figured that with the soft low lights, and the relaxing atmosphere in the room, I should probably snap the photos I needed and let the client fully enjoy her relaxing foot massage, besides the fact that I once read in a book on "Wedding Photography Etiquette" that as photographers, we are supposed to turn down all offers of delicious, fresh brewed coffee, once-in-a-wedding lifetime food, and hold our ground on professionalism. WHO created that rule? And besides...Impress is the kind of salon that photographers CAN enjoy the yummy coffee even when they are working!

I also got to watch Jeremy Gonzales at work, filming Impress Salon's latest make-up tip, which you can now watch on their Facebook page. If you listen real close, you can hear my camera clicking occasionally in the background. It made me smile every time I heard it. (: Become a fan of theirs on Facebook: Impress Salon!

Here is a little background information on Impress that I pulled from their website www.impresssalon.net.
Impress was founded in 1988 and continues to be dedicated to over-the-top service in a relaxing and creative atmosphere.
They take pride in being committed to advanced training and education, and remain at the cutting edge of the lasted techniques and innovations. More than just a hair salon, Impress specializes in indulgent head-to-toe experiences. They offer services ranging from hair, skin and nails to special occasions and weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment