Life : Captured


International Photographer
Kimberly Miner



Join me on facebook!

Friday, April 2, 2010

What the Japanese girls have taught me.

The girls leave tomorrow. We have had so much fun. I have gained knowledge from this adventure beyond culture differences. Having visitors from another Country for 10 days, and considering the possibility that this may be their only trip to the US, I have felt compelled to show them everything that I possibly could in this short time. Everything there is to do in Walla Walla, of course, and on a budget, of course. It seems that just as we are starting to communicate a little, it is now time for them to leave in 12 hours. Hopefully this trip will be all that they hoped for, and also rewarding for my boys. Jake was a trooper and gave up his room for 10 days, and I am so proud of what good hosts he and Nik were.
In the last 10 days I have allowed my work to happen between the hours of 8 and 3. Since I have been reading "The 4 Hour Work Week", i have been applying some of the things I've learned in the book to my daily life. Still not "only 4 hours", but closer! I haven't been coming home and working on the computer, and organizing drawers, and doing laundry every day. I haven't been trying to attack my "to do list" every single day. I have been flying kites, playing stick games, taking time off work for field trips, roasting marshmallows, bbqing, and instead of coming home and vacuuming, we have been moving the furniture to the corners of the room and playing badminton in the living room. I have been cooking foods I don't regularly cook, and pretty much enjoying every moment of every day. Even 8-3 work is pleasant. I know If I have less time to get my work done, I am more productive during those few hours.
Tomorrow the girls leave, but I am going to continue on with this "enjoying every single day" plan. I'm happier, the boys are happier, and you know what they say... "When Mama's happy....EVERYBODY's happy". So if you send me an email during the day, and you don't get a reply from me, stamped "10:43pm" rest assured, I am not just being lazy and procrastinating, I am sleeping because I am exhausted from running through the field with a kite trailing me! But I will get back to you just as soon as I can!
Sianara,
Kimberly

3 comments:

  1. COURAGE it's the only word i can tell you.
    Joyeuses Pâques...
    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful trip you shared with your Japanese friends. Thanks for sharing these treasured memories.

    Carpe diem,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing for all of you! I had a high school Chinese exchange student live with me for 6 months. It changed all of our lives for the better. This brought back warm memories. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete